Organic food is getting more and more popular and there are many good reasons for this.
So why should we choose organic meat and does buying it make a difference? Here at About Going Green, we believe so.
In this article – Organic Food Shopping Online, you will discover several shopping options for organic meat.
I will introduce you to each company, outline my pros and cons, and provide you with the links to their produce (company titles and after the pros and cons).
If you have any further questions, would like to leave a review of your own or reach out to me about going green, then please do so in the comment section at the bottom of the page.
If you like the article you can also use the social links on the right-hand side to share and follow me.
I hope you like my review and I hope you will find it useful.
Why Choose Organic Meat?
When you buy organic food you are buying quality. It is better for your health and it is better for the people responsible for the production of it.
It is also better for animals and therefore it is better for our health!
For more information on buying organic meat and why it is a healthier option, please read this article.
It provides a comparison between inorganic and organic farming methods, highlights the research available, looks at consumer benefits and explains why it is healthier for you.
This company was started in 2002 by professional chefs across the county. They are passionate about creating quality dishes from quality produce that is sourced from around the world.
They initially started their sister company, Food Innovations, supplying high-quality food to chefs, restaurants and other establishments.
After receiving lots of interest from individuals, who were interested in getting these high-quality foods into their homes, they decided to start For the Gourmet.
For the Gourmet is an e-commerce website where you can order chef quality products for your home.
They work with artisan producers and growers of the finest food products and ingredients. They offer a variety of fresh produce, proteins, prepared foods, specialty ingredients, and artisan creations.
- Chef drove;
- 100% satisfaction guarantee;
- Huge variety of produce (cheese, meats and games, seafood, exotic, chocolate and bakery, healthcare and a special diet, specialty items and ingredients);
- Well organized and easy to use the site;
- Customer service available;
- Online convenience;
- Regular sales;
- Free delivery available on some items from time to time.
- A small range of organic meat available;
- Food is often sold in large amounts;
- Not much information about the company available online.
This is a company founded by Mike Salguer. He enjoys eating grass-fed beef and realized how difficult it could be to purchase this quality.
He designed the company to prove people easy access to quality meet, delivered straight to their door in an Eco-friendly box.
As a customer, you will sign up for a monthly subscription, which will provide you with a monthly supply of meat.
They have a wide selection of antibiotic and hormone-free meat which includes 100% grass-fed beef, heritage breed pork, free-range organic chicken. Besides, they also include easy to follow recipes.
- Free ground beef for life;
- Online convenience;
- Great value for money, delivering their products for less than $6.00 per meal;
- Regular sales and promotions (at the time of writing this review you could order now and receive free bacon in every box you get for life;
- Quality meat products;
- The meat arrives in a box with an additional reusable freezer bag;
- Well designed and user-friendly site.
- They only sell meat, but this is what they are aiming to do. I think the value and quality makes up for this;
- Some customers report receiving thawed out meat and really poor customer service, however many customers report the complete opposite.
This company is a collection of nutritionists, organic chefs and culinary artisans who came together to create healthy and nutritional bars.
- Sign Up and Get 20% Off Your First Order AND a Free Paleo Diet ebook;
- Online convenience;
- Well designed and user-friendly site;
- Fantastic range of nutritional bars that are normally hard to find;
- High quality produce (each bar contains grass-fed beef & bison, free-range chicken, organic fruits and vegetables);
- A wholesome snack that’s both nutritious and satisfying;
- Containing high amounts of real protein, the DNX bar offers a convenient way to refuel your energy, satisfy hunger and deliver complete nutrition;
- Brilliant for active people looking to support their diet.
- They only sell nutritional bars, however, this is what they are aiming to do and the quality is fantastic.
This is a company started by a man called Ethan. He had found himself in a store one day asking wh is meat so expensive.
Some friends of his had been speaking about purchasing beef directly from a farmer but had consistent troubles with communicating with farmers and arranging a collection.
They found the idea of purchasing a year’s worth of meat too much. This is where the idea of crowdfunding for a cow came from.
- Buy a cow with friends
- Choose your cuts of meat that you want
- Choose the quantity that you want
- Direct access to small independent ranches
- Support small businesses
- Reduce the need to buy ‘mystery meat’ from store chains
- High-quality products at a fair price
- Gift cards available that allow people to purchase their favorite cuts
- Sometimes friends want the same cuts of meat, but there is plenty to go around so this issue is often resolved quickly.
To go to their site, please click here.
A Few Final Thoughts
If you ever need a helping hand or have any questions about organic meat or want to leave a comment, please do so in the space provided below. I will be more than happy to answer them as best to my knowledge and would enjoy hearing from you.
If you want to join me on this journey, please use the social links below or subscribe to my newsletter on the right-hand side of this page.
All the best,