Hair conditioners are important for both men and women. To get the best hairstyle, you would need to apply some amount of hair conditioner to smoothen your hair and set it out.
A hair conditioner is an essential part of the daily beauty routine. However, hair conditioners available on the market can create problems for your hair.
For instance, recent research studies have found that hair conditioners contain harmful chemicals that weaken the hair strands instead of nourishing and protecting them.
A lot of people don’t know about Sodium Laureth Sulfate – a foaming agent found in many hair products. This ingredient in most commercial hair products, like hair conditioners, can dry your hair and cause allergic reactions on your scalp.
Many hairstylists and experts who are inclined towards natural remedies for both skin and hair care recommend the use of homemade hair conditioners and shampoos.
In this article, we will tell you why you should use a homemade hair conditioner. Read on!
Shiny and Stronger Hair strands
Homemade hair conditioners can make your hair shiny and stronger. For example, vinegar and eggs can be used in hair conditioner for these effects. Eggs add shine to your hair and therefore are an effective conditioner.
To make your hair stronger, you should use olive oil, which acts as an amazing elixir.
Similarly, honey can keep your hair hydrated whereas vinegar acts as a fantastic cleaning agent and great protector to prevent hair loss.
Lemon Homemade Hair Conditioner Recipe
First, you will need a blender and use it to mix these ingredients to make a thick paste.
You just need to have olive oil, eggs, vinegar, honey, and lemon juice to make this hair conditioner.
Whisk 4-5 eggs, then add two tablespoons of lemon juice and a tablespoon of vinegar into it.
Finally, you need to add one tablespoon of honey and half teaspoon of olive oil.
The conditioner is ready!
Apply it on your hair tips. Leave the paste on your hair for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water.
Coconut Oil for Smooth, soft, and Thicker Hair
Coconut oil is another great ingredient for adding into a homemade hair conditioner. It has some incredible benefits for your hair. For example, it can make your hair soft and smooth.
At the same time, when you use it in a homemade hair conditioner, it will make your hair thicker and longer.
The fatty acids and essential minerals contained in coconut oil also nourish your scalp.
Homemade Hair Conditioner Recipe with Coconut Oil
To make a homemade hair conditioner with coconut oil, you need to mix coconut oil with one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
Next, you will add two tablespoons of curd and one tablespoon of rosewater.
Make sure you apply this homemade hair conditioner on shampooed hair.
Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool running water.
Avocado and banana conditioner
Honey 2 tablespoons (40 ml).
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (30 ml).
Peel the avocado, cut it in half and create a paste with it. Mix half of the banana with the two tablespoons of olive oil. A
dd the avocado paste and mix everything until a homogeneous paste is felt. Finally, mix the egg and honey into the previous paste and add until it has a smooth texture.
- Wet your hair (make sure it is very wet).
- Start applying the conditioner from the start of the hair, but without touching the scalp.
- Gradually spread the mixture throughout your hair, concentrating on the most damaged areas.
- Let the conditioner act for 10 minutes and rinse with enough water.
- The result will be silky and shiny hair.
- The banana nourishes the hair, thus avoiding frizz.
- Avocado facilitates hair growth and also moisturizes it.
- Olive oil strengthens and brightens the hair.
- Honey also brings shine and is used to give softness.
- This is one of the best homemade conditioners that can be used when the hair is badly damaged.
Vinegar and egg conditioner
- 3 eggs.
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons (30 ml).
- Honey 2 tablespoons (40 ml).
- Vinegar, a quarter cup (65 ml).
- Juice of a lemon.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks and stir the yolks perfectly.
- To the previous mixture add 100 ml of vinegar and 100 ml of lemon juice.
- Mix everything while adding olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix perfectly until you have a manageable paste.
- When the paste is ready, take a little with your fingers and apply it.
- Leave the conditioner on for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- The egg is an excellent conditioner by itself and brings shine to the hair.
- Olive oil strengthens the hair.
- Honey helps you lighten your hair and also gives you silkiness.
- Vinegar prevents hair loss.
Banana conditioning mask
Banana is an excellent alternative to repair hair damaged by dyes and also by extreme temperature changes. This mask has what it takes to reverse the most severe damage simply and economically.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg.
- 3 tablespoons honey (60 ml).
- 3 tablespoons milk (45 ml).
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (50 ml).
Mix the banana, the egg, three tablespoons of honey, three tablespoons of milk and five teaspoons of olive oil until you have a compact paste.
- Apply to hair.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with plenty of water.
Yogurt conditioning mask
- 1 egg.
- 6 tablespoons yogurt (90 ml).
- Beat the egg until it has a homogeneous liquid consistency.
- Add 6 tablespoons of yogurt and beat again.
Apply the mixture with a gentle massage and cover the hair with a bathing cap.
Let the yogurt mask act for 20 or 30 minutes and wash with shampoo and warm water.
Homemade Hair Conditioner: The Final Verdict!
Homemade hair conditioners are safe to use because they won’t strip color. They will make your hair look more radiant.
After all, they use natural ingredients like vitamins, oils, nutrients to nourish your hair and make your hair strands healthy and beautiful.
Homemade hair conditioners also prevent hair loss in both men and women.
To read my number one recommended product line for homemade hair and beauty products, please click here.
A Few Final Thoughts
If you ever need a helping hand or have any questions on this product or want to leave a comment or a review of your own, please do so in the space provided below.
I will be more than happy to answer them as best to my knowledge and would enjoy hearing from you.
Click here to receive my free ebook – ‘How to Take the First Step: Understanding of Impact’.
If you want to join me on this journey, please use the social links below or subscribe to my newsletter on the right-hand side of this page.
All the best,